Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Chamber Bitter

One of the most obnoxious weeds in my garden, phyllanthus urinaria. Searching for a public domain photo, I noticed a web site in Indonesia touting it for everything from AIDS to liver disease. The site excuses the exorbitant price of $180 US because "...there are no plantations for phyllanthus urinaria. Nowhere in the world. And the herb would not survive the seasonal weather of the US farm belt."

Whahahahahahahahaha! Every summer I have a regular phyllanthus plantation right in my flower beds. Little more than a soup can full costs a hundred and eighty dollars? Grandmother starts a yarb biz; I can see it coming.

Photo later.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the photo. Wonder if it grows in this US farm belt?!

    MeMo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my site! You're welcome to borrow the chamberbitter photo I've posted as long as you note the source. That stuff takes over in a matter of a few days. I was out in the garden just this morning to pick some and make tea with it. I'll let you know what I think of the taste.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers