Friday, December 14, 2007

More Gifts for Gardeners

My first hummer feeder was a Christmas present. I've had several since, and 'Best One' is my favorite: a quart bottle that looks like the bottles that vinegar comes in and a screw-on bottom that comes apart for easy cleaning. Feeders must be kept clean and free of mold, the nectar changed every second or third day, depending on the outside temperature.

I make my own nectar using 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil, let cool and fill.

Oh, yeah, hummbers leave in October and return sometime in March. If the feeders are not up when they return, they will let you know they are back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers