Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Closing the Show


The lovely Salome closes out the season.
Hawera has been the showiest of the small daffodils.
Jack Snipe made foliage and failed to appear.
Fruit Cup is a bust.
Many of the late-planted mixed daffodils are still putting out blossoms.
The azaleas are at their peak; the white are already taking leave. Waiting in the wings are poppies, roses and lilies. There's already an open rose on Knockout, of course, a beautiful cherry red but only a preview of the wonders to come.

Hydrangeas and daylilies will follow the rose/lily show.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are moving forward with the season and the rest of us are still waiting for it's arrival. I'm very jealous of your 'Pink Charm' daffodils. I ordered some and received large, deep, yellow instead. So much for planning a color scheme LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that 'Salome'. She is one of my favorites.

    Unfortunately, she doesn't return to my garden, so I am very happy that she is sold at Sam's and WM. They are easily available to replenish, and I don't mind doing that every year. Just to see her blooming is such a pleasure.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers