Monday, May 5, 2008

Snapdragon Secrets

May 8, 2007

Previously, I thought snapdragons were treated as annuals here. They performed well in the cool weather of spring and died off when the summer got hot and humid. I noticed that mine, kept deadheaded, did not die. Instead they just went dormant and perked up in the fall.
May 5, 2008
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Last fall I took cuttings, just to see if they would root. They rooted easily.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


White Rocket Snaps from cuttings taken last winter:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Cuttings of Red Rocket Snaps now in bud:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

  1. Those snap dragons are so pretty... I learn something every day... didn't know you could root them.... Thanks for the info..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had snap dragons at the farmers market yesterday, here they are annuals. They remind me of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers