Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bloom Day, January

Blooming today: vinca; paperwhite narcissus planted outside after 2007 forced bloom; violas and nicotiana:





Lantana montevidensis, magnolia 'Leonard Messell':







Eclipse and Knockout roses picked on Tuesday, and the first hyacinth to bloom:









I work hard at blossoms and fragrance all year 'round. That little hyacinth showed up just in time for January fragrance. Tea olive is blooming, too. Tea olive is for catching the fragrance, not viewing the teensy flowers.

5 comments:

  1. I like your philosophy of working hard to get blossoms and fragrance year round! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely seem to be working hard and your Plants do appreciate it through they wonderful blooms. I love your lavender-colored Lantana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nell,
    It was worth clicking on your pics to see them larger. I was able to see the two you have combined separately. You have some pretty blooms there! I am so glad it's January and not November. That means it's closer to spring. It is quite cold here in Nebraska this week, and it is snowing again this morning.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good showing for January. Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have an early hyacinth for Bloom Day. And that tea olive must smell delightful. I definitely need some fragrant bloomers for my new garden.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers