Friday, January 16, 2009

Lunch in the Tropics



Inky and I had lunch in the Greenhouse, where it was 78 degrees in the sunshine. It was 41 degrees outside. I had a sandwich and hot Chai tea. Inky had crumbs of Monterey Jack cheese from my sandwich. He chewed lemon grass for dessert, drank from the smallest watering can and then took a nap.

I made sure no plants needed a drink, checked that the electric heater is set to come on, misted to raise the humidity and moved some tropicals nearer the center. Hard freeze expected tonight. Much warmer out there than in the house, while the sun shines.

Pentas and fibrous begonias continue to bloom, as does pineapple sage. I’m hoping for calla lily blossoms soon.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun, relaxing day you and Inky had! It looks like you overlooked some blooms for GBBD. I think you had some very full begonias in the second photo, and some others as well.

    I hope it doesn't get unseasonably cold for you, so you don't lose any plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day you had! I love that creamish colored pot with leafy designs on it. Nice to see that you have all the plants healthy and thriving! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nell ~ How wonderful for you and Inky to have that lovely, warm tropical retreat during your frigid winter weather. I hope your plants all did well last night. It is 49 down here and feels like it is 42.

    Enjoy your greenhouse, it is wonderful.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great! What a wonderful place.

    8 degrees here this morning. Ouch.

    Cameron
    Only 62 days until Spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful spot for lunch for two. I barely saw Inky, living up to his name, until I clicked the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants look happy! Your cat looks happy too! I love to play in the GH when it is cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! ... what a lovely place to enjoy tea :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers