Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Black Pearl Peppers

I sowed some seeds of Black Pearl ornamental peppers today in plastic 6-packs in a flat. Watered; went to get plastic to put over them. Buffy chased Ikey, who jumped into the chair, onto the potting bench to escape along the back of a bench and -- stepped right into one of my plant cells! Calmly, I got more mix, more seeds, and once the cell was full of medium again, planted two more seeds into the wrong cell. I think I finally got it right. It's worse than having toddlers, because these two can jump and climb, at least Ike can.


I like Black Pearl because the leaves are dark, the blooms are purple as shown and the fruits are black instead of green, turning red when they are ripe.

3 comments:

  1. You take the kitty damage so much better than I! I tend to get upset when my plants are involved.

    I really like that dark pepper. It is a beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have patience! Loads of it! I'd have those peppers just for their flowers - they're heavenly and bold.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers