Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Glimpse of Roses



Belinda's Dream was a gift from Janie. I added a Sweet William in exactly the same shade, next to the bunnie's butt. Bath's Pinks are great companions. I look forward to the lilies blooming, Elodie and Algarve, despite the pets' help.

Knockout, the original, blooming in the Upper Garden. Pineapple Sage has been added to this bed, a perfect color match.


Sweet William makes a good companion to roses. This one is a perfect rose color. Rose de Rescht, planted nearby, has not bloomed yet.


The Chicken Rose, or Grandma's Yellow Rose as TAMU dubbed it, blooms in a bed with other yellows, and white. The white blur behind is white pentas. Susie brought me the first white pentas I've had, perfect for this spot.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love the companion plants! Do they survive the summer? I haven't really planned out companions to my roses. I just happen to already have some other plants in their vicinity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are looking great Nell. It's nice seeing what's happening in your gardens.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pineapple sage is one of my favorites. It's easy to grow and the hummingbirds love it and it smells great!
    Your roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy had a rose garden, he would love your roses ... great pics for Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers