Sunday, April 5, 2009

Native Plants at Ichauway

Open House at the Jones Ecological Lab at Ichauway was on Saturday. Some of the azaleas were already faded, some, like Alabamanse just in full bud. Many other natives were blooming. Here are some of my favorites.

Florida Anise (Illicium floridanum)
The crushed leaves smell of anise. The flowers smell of live fish.
From Native Plants at Ichauway

Native phlox
From Native Plants at Ichauway

Wild Indigo (Baptisia alba)
From Native Plants at Ichauway

Aesculus Pavia, Red Buckeye
From Native Plants at Ichauway

2 comments:

  1. I love visiting your blog especially because I get to learn about new species and I never return back empty-handed! Thank you, Nell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your visit. I didn't know the native phlox had such a wide range. I have some here that I like growing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers