Thursday, April 23, 2009

To the Devil and Back

Planted Parsley seeds today. Old folks said that parsley has to go to the Devil and Back before it germinates. I think that it takes about 2 weeks. I find it hard to believe the Devil is a week away; I thought he hung around all the time.

This time I had better sense than the time I planted parsley next to the birdbath. When black swallowtail larvae covered the parsley, birds swooped in for dinner and a drink. These are tucked in over next to some nectar plants.

rosemary,parsley

I planted zinnia seeds too, and transplanted 3 gaillardia from the herb garden into the Sunset Bed near orange roses and other delights.

gaillardia

2 comments:

  1. That sounds about right, my parsley seeds have just sprouted and they have been in the hotbed for 2 weeks ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have planted some parsley, I can't remember. I plan to plant more. I couldn't find my fennel seeds the other day when I went out to plant. It's been raining most of the weekend, so I have been trying to get some housework done. I did get a few plants in yesterday before we picked up our grandson from my parents'.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers