Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ramona's Garden Center

Today I went to a small local Nursery and Concrete items place that isn't quite on my way home. We had a wonderful visit, including my hearing about the man who broke into the place before they stocked it with plants. He stole pots and equipment and all kinds of things including Ramona's husband's sweaty headband and a seed-grown Tecoma stans that I had given her, the only live plant in the whole place at the time of the burglary. It's a bizarre story, but she got her plant back, which he had repotted in one of her pots he stole. She's still using it as a stock plant.

I bought:
  • Agapanthus 'Storm Cloud' -- one has a huge bud
  • Licorice Plant -- Helichrysum petiolare
  • White lantana "Silver Mound"
  • Tibouchina 3 gallon, just one
  • Lavandula stoechas

    -- all except the lavender were on my 'list.' Also that Jungle stuff potting mix.

    She had beautiful Buddleias, 3 gallon caryopteris that I forgot to double back to look at again, and lots of plumbago in bloom. OH! and Jeruselem thorn (Parkinsonia aculeata), like grows behind McDonald's in town and is sooo pretty. I have to think about where a monster like that can safely go.

    She had tons, literally, of concrete benches, birdbaths and statuary. I have to make another list.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



    Google+ Followers