Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bulbine frutesencens



I had a hard time getting a picture of Bulbine that shows off the pretty blossoms, maybe because I always try to get the Purple Heart shown off from the front.

Bulbine is a South African plant, which means it should do very well here, one of many. Succulent leaved, it looks sort of like a skinny aloe. Hardy to 10 degrees F. according to what I read, but it had a hard time with cold in the previous location and I totally lost the yellow. Love this 'tangerine' and it seems sto be happy in its new spot, near some water hogs, but at the top of a slope by a huge stone so the drainage is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Purple doesn't like to take a back seat in the garden does it. Lovely plant .. and did I forget to mention how I enjoy your header pics? Your garden is a pleasure to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drainage is important more times than not, right? I like the color tangerine and I rather enjoy saying the word tangerine.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers