Sunday, August 9, 2009

Curcumas are Blooming and the Camera is Broken

I guess one Curcuma blossom is as good as another, but I wanted to show you the 5 that are open now, not these from last year!
Curcuma and Alpina

I'm having to improvise until the new camera arrives mid-week. We're tracking its progress down the East Coast.

I think this year's Ginger blooms are bigger than last, maybe because last year was droughty and we've had almost daily rain lately.

I wanted to show off the newly edged driveways, too, but you know how neatly edged grass looks. Centipede just goes crazy with adequate water, crawling over and through everything.

2 comments:

  1. Those leaves look like the ones of a plant growing b my shed that looks like canna to me. My mother-in-law grew them, but she died over 10 years ago. I don't know how it got there, but maybe it's not a canna after all.

    I can't remember if you said you are getting a new camera, or yours fixed. I hope the days go by quickly for you. That is a pretty plant and bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to your camera?

    Goodness, I hope nothing happens to mine. I would be lost without it!

    The gingers are beautiful. Mine seems to put on larger blooms now too. Maybe it is part of the sleeping, creeping, leaping thing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers