This is the fifth year for this vine returning after dying back in the winter. It takes a while every spring, but it finally emerges. The first year I just cut it back in the pot and put it in the utility room where it was fine until late winter when I noticed every joint had mealy bug. I swabbed it well with alcohol, which killed the pests. That spring I put it in the ground by one of the grape arbor supports and told it that it was on its own. It competes well with the climbing Peace rose. Now I notice in the photo that the grapevine has reached for that space.
Some years it had seed pods, but I never saved any.