Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May Wildflower Wednesday: Flowers in April Here

When Susie and I visited the Butterfly Lady last month I never posted the pictures of her wildflowers. I hesitated because they are a month old, then remembered that many of these same wildflowers are just now starting to bloom in states farther north so they are still timely.

This was the reason we visited, to see native azaleas in bloom:

Photobucket


but we were treated to the native wildflowers as well:

Photobucket
Trillium


Photobucket
Wild Ginger


Photobucket
Bloodroot

Photobucket
Typical South Georgia Garden Scene

Photobucket
Wild Phlox, ferns and  bluebells


Photobucket
Armadillos and other creatures take advantage of trees downed by storms.

Photobucket
Mossy stones around the little pond where butterflies and birds visit in the Neel Garden.

Photobucket
Blue Eyed Grass, now finished with bloom here.

I've been posting my wildflowers as I found them: Sundrops, Penstemon spp., Elephantapus foliage, Stokesia; some I cannot call the name.


Flowers are from the Garden of the Butterfly Lady. Photos and text are from Nell Jean at http://www.seedscatterer.blogspot.com/ in the hot, humid depths of Southwest Georgia USA where wildflowers sometimes plant themselves in delightful combinations. Thanks to Gail of Clay and Limestone for hosting Wildflower Wednesday every 4th Wednesday of the month.

6 comments:

  1. It looks so heavenly there! What a wonderful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, lovely, natural garden. The housing for the wild critters is really neat looking and I'm sure they enjoy their habitat.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. I could spend all day in your garden. jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Butterfly Lady has some beautiful wildflowers, along with her gorgeous azaleas! I also really like those mossy stones. There's something so soothing about green moss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just shows how nature can be when left on its own.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers