Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lost in Translation

For decades, stories have been around about translation by computer spitting out
'The liquor is good but the meat is spoiled' when
'The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak' was entered.

http://www.hutchinsweb.me.uk/MTNI-11-1995.pdf

I thought of that when Buffy and I were riding on our little garden truck which doesn't yet have a windshield installed. 

'The sun is warm but the wind is cold' translates here to
'We think it might be spring but more cold is on the way,' or a similar phrase.

The heralded 'Winter Storm' will bring cold and rain which will hit warm air blowing from the Gulf of Mexico. We anticipate tornadoes and other disagreeable weather. Clouds are gathering.

The windshield for the little truck is due here today.

5 comments:

  1. It would be fun to see a photo of you and Buffy riding together on the new garden truck.

    The weather.....it's always something, isn't it?

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nell, now you need one of those tops to slip over that new truck! I never thought about this front affecting everyone, but it makes sense.

    I sure hope you don't get anything severe!

    We are still digging out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nell Jean, Thanks for posting on my blog..... that is hilarious about how the SIL handled the dog issue...I seriously LOL... I think we might try that! She HATES getting her nails done so we should say "Let's go see Nancy!" She might hide, too! Stay safe with the crazy weather that seems to be heading your way! Cheers!

    Girls Day Out gdo-family.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nell Jean, Oh, how I would love that truck, windshield or not! Stay warm. P x

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers