Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fiesta Colors in a Hot Climate

Tecoma Stans and Caesalpinia pulcherrima
Both Texas Superstars.
Texas Superstar is a registered trademark owned by Texas AgriLife Research.

You might know it as Esperanza or Yellow Bells

You might know it as Pride of Barbados
or Mexican Bird of Paradise

 Caesalpinia and Tecoma stans return from
the roots every year when the weather warms.

Daylily that might be Stella, bought labeled as
a pink, I forget the name. Nice with Purple Heart.

Julia Child rose
Behind Julia Child are white Pentas

White Pentas

Grandma's Yellow Rose, another Texas Superstar.
You might know it as Nacogdoches.


Sunny Knockout
Roses kept deadheaded and watered  will
bloom all summer in waves of blossoms.


Crocosmia, a favorite thug.


 Zuchinni blossoms


Okra blooms

and

the obligatory 8 second Butterfly video:
video

Spicebush Swallowtail butterflies on Tithonia.
If you turn up the sound you can hear a
Bob White Quail in the middle.

11 comments:

  1. I turned up the sound and heard it very clearly! Technology is a wonderful thing...

    I wish those gorgeous plants would grow here. I especially love the orange one.

    Are you bothered by Japanese Beetles?
    or RRD?

    I hope not! My roses are very sad looking now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican Bird of Paradise - looks like what we saw at the B&B at the Owl House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers! Tithonia is great for the butterflies, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo of the Tecoma Stans and Caesalpinia pulcherrima is stunning! Crocosmia is a favourite of mnine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crocosmia, not quite such a thug in our cooler Summers. The Esperanza is a great looking plant.We did have stella d'oro in the garden, the picture of your Day lily does look very much like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with Pride of Barbados when visiting San Antonio, but it won't take our winters here, I don't think. Your okra blooms are quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful blooms..I really like the white penta, I have the pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a very beautiful garden here and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to link in with some photos...either current or past (during the dormant seasons) to Flaunt Your Flowers on Friday with me. Many absolutely gorgeous gardens participate in this party, and yours would be a welcome visit for them all to make!
    I have enjoyed my visit here today...happy gardening!
    I am your newest follower!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiesta colors--I love that name! Beautiful color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful and refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely blooms both the ornamentals and the vegies. Your Tecoma stans are so big and looking so healthy. Here in our area flowers become small in the dry season.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers