Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tigers and Friends Butterfly Video

Tiger Swallowtails are here. I went out to make a little video. I was out there exclaiming about the Tigers and after I had five videos on which I point out Tigers when I realized that one of my Tigers is a Giant Swallowtail.

video

At the end, two Tigers fly high into the sky. You may want to watch it again full screen -- use the little icon in the right hand corner opposite the play button.

A short video with the Giant Swallowtail up close. He was so tattered but he was busy on the Tithonia:
video


Close up of a Tiger:
video

I made some other videos. These are as good as they get. I'm trying to watch the camera, watch the butterflies, look for snakes, avoid the bees and fight off gnats. You should be here to see them -- the butterflies I mean. I amazed myself with the capture of the Tigers flying high into the sky.

Oh, and I saw a big Red Spotted Purple this morning. I ran for the camera. He flew away when I pointed it his way.


Secrets of a Seedscatterer July 2011.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen many butterflies around my parts this year, so I'm glad to see them in others' garden--and two at once! Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watching for snakes thing would take priority!

    We are still having lots of butterflies too.

    They must like hot, dry weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got so many butterflies on your plants. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've got so many butterflies! I haven't had a lot lately, or maybe it's just that I haven't seen them, being inside in the A/C most of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nell Jean - will you send me an email with the email address you want to use to login at Google+ Choose carefully if you have more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your butterfly videos. I watch them over and over again. Got to make some myself when they're on the move in my garden. Makes me want to go outside and see what's flying around and that's what I'm going to do now......Thanks for your videos, they're great.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers