Monday, November 7, 2011

November's Garden

"There ought to be gardens for all months in the year,
in which, severally, things of beauty may be then in season."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Lilacina Crape Myrtles hold the color of November's Garden.

The stain of grapes colour the last of Salvia
leucantha under the crape myrtles.

Orange Crape Myrtle foliage as viewed from
the Upper Garden path where terra cotta pots
hold December's Violas.



Hips of White Dawn rose.

A twist of Virginia creeper winds around a
little statue among ferns under a live oak.

Flowering pomegranate shrubs in yellow dress
in the Upper Garden.


A Skipper visits lingering blooms of Lantana montevidensis.

Camellia sasanqua in the back yard reminds us that winter is on the way.
January's garden is already tucked away in the greenhouse.

After a rain, tea fragrance is noted when we walk past this tree.

Abundant buds open a few at a time, through December.
In case of a freeze, tight buds will not be harmed, to open afterward.



Secrets of a Seedscatterer
        

7 comments:

  1. The foliage of your crepe myrtles is gorgeous, and I love the way it combines with blue elements in your garden. The crepe myrtles on the north side of my house took on fall colors this past week, but the ones in the front garden, facing southwest, are still green. I guess the direction they face is the difference, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your garden is getting ready for winter. I do hope you will be sharing progress in your greenhouse over the winter. It looks just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my walk through your November garden very much. So much seems to be happening even though the garden is beginning its journey to dormancy. Very beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fall colors in your gardens and it's nice to see you still have flowers blooming.

    Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly do have a lot of interest in your fall garden. The first pic is gorgeous. And the blue of the violas is so vibrant! Electric! I love camellias, too. Love that white bloom! Getting to grow camellias is the best part of gardening in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the fall colors as much as the summer blooms.

    The garden path is wonderful!

    You keep showing that greenhouse; I had just about convinced myself I didn't need or want one....now I am lingering over those pictures, seeing me inside on a sunny fall or winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Viola, autumn is really beautiful. My trees will never turn gold or red-headed completely.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers