Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wednesday -- Read 'Em All!

Sheila's photo from Gardens of Petersonville
The Gardens of Petersonville
in Southern California at Laguna Beach and San Juan Capistrano is a delightful blog to visit. Sheila gardens in two locations. She features some wonderful themes, one of my favorites being the White Garden. She has pets. I'm wild about 12 month gardens and she succeeds. Both her gardens are Certified Wildlife Habitats and are organic.

There are blogs that I read because they are interesting but the climate is so different to mine that I can never relate to the plantings. Sheila's climate is not exactly the same as mine but many of her plants do well here. Reading her blog is kind of a 'California Dreaming' experience for me.

Ideas like her grapevine tunnel would work here. I may never plant one but what fun to think about where I'd put it. Maybe I'll just plant a Maypop tunnel. She has passionvines mixed with her grapevines. The Gulf Frits would love it!

This Party is hosted by Tootsie of Tootsietime and Growing 4 Seasons and Bren of Garden Chat and BG Garden. Join the party at any of those blogs including this one: Growing 4 Seasons. I hope I have the rules correct: You blog about a favorite site and you link to your own blog post about that site.




Secrets of a Seedscatterer         

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking into this fun new party! Read 'Em All Tuesday is a fun way to see what everyone reads, and to meet some new friends! I am looking forward to co-hosting this party with Bren and being inspired to follow as many new authors as I can!
    We hope you will link in again next week!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    Tootsie Time, Growing 4 Seasons, Garden Chat Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information about one of your favorite blogs. I am very impressed with your blog, too! Now I'm off to see your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers