Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Blues are Still Blue -- the Bottle Tree Returns

I left my washing in the launderette
You can put some money on it, you can place a little bet
That when I see my washing
The black will be grey and the white will be grey
But the Blues are still Blue ---Belle and Sebastian

A rusty old pitchfork with a broken handle made a good base for refurbishing
my bottle tree.  I fashioned a holder using some pipe stuck into the clothesline
pole holder, temporarily until I need the clothesline.

Some of the bottles hang from little wire slings.
None will collect water upside down.

I never tire of the little faces of Violas, brave against the cold.

Rain tonight for sure; freeze again Friday night.








Secrets of a Seedscatterer         

10 comments:

  1. What a great way to use an old pitchfork. Love those gorgeous little Violas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes there is an advantage to being a hoarder, uh, collector.

      Delete
  2. Very clever!! I like the pitchfork being used to hold the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Janet. I'm almost as fond of rust as I am of glass. Together they're great!

      Delete
  3. NeilJean,
    I really like your new header. Interesting bottle tree too, great re use here. I saw these bottle flowers one day I'll try to make. It looked like a round ball of bottles on a stick very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun project, Randy. I look forward to seeing bottle flowers on a stick.

      Delete
  4. Dear Nell Jean, Brilliant way to display your bottles. I think I'm going to steal that idea! P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Pam. We both need a bottle tree to capture the haints.

      Delete
  5. That is the most amazing shade of blue! Seeing a color like that, be it bottle or pretty flower, just has to make one smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nell Jean,
    Yes, we have a parallel universe going here. I use the pitchfork top and you use the bottoms. I had two old metal pitchforks and could not bear to throw them away! I figured the blue bottle garden is so crazy already that a few pitchforks wouldn't matter. David/ :0)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers