Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another Spin on the Bottle Tree

Last month I posted about my newly fashioned bottle tree using a rusty pitchfork as the 'tree.'


A temporary tree at best, it was stuck in a pole where my portable clothesline goes. In the way of the mower when grass puts out again and just not really to my liking.

So I moved the bottles to an improvised trellis where Red Cascade Roses bloom in summer.

The cedar uprights had stobs left where some of the bottles could be
placed. Others hang from the wire cages that held them on the original
bottle tree.

An iron monkey hangs out here as well.
Rose buds are forming on the canes.

The bottles that hang free hold spirits that moan when the wind blows.
They were noisy this afternoon in the cool breeze.

Folk Art at its best.
Spread out, the bottles catch the light better.

What do you think?



Secrets of a Seedscatterer       

9 comments:

  1. NeilJean,
    Spirits all about the garden dancing, thankful for the bottles. Thinking of drilling holes in the cedar tree we use for a bottle tree and adding re bar and more bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat idea. I really enjoy my 'bouquet' of blue bottles. They make me feel happy every time I see them in the main garden.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of "moaning spirits" when the wind plays over the open necks of the hanging bottles. Now, how shall I incorporate that into my garden???? Food for thought on this rather dreary winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue bottles, and I bet it will be a beautiful sight when the roses are blooming. ... and the monkey, neat! (I actually have the same monkey hook in my garden)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the 2nd photo of the random bottles but you had me hooked with the blue bottles. Here is a link to my own blue bottle tree.
    http://beyondmygarden.blogspot.com/2011/11/bottle-tree-progression.html
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is beautiful, if i were the birds i will alight on them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your monkey, he has a lot of character hanging out among the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this bottle tree. I really like the monkey too. Did he always hang here?

    When Spring comes, I have a lot of work to do in my garden. One task is to put the bottle tree back up. This time, I am going to put it by the back gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monkey has been hanging there for a while now. Once in a while he holds a rose cane that will not cooperate.

      Delete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers