Friday, April 20, 2012

A Pearl in the Greenhouse

I noticed it last night, hardly the size of a pearl, but definitely a tiny tomato.

Tiny tomato just to the left of the main stem.

Broad view of the veggies.

These four tomatoes in gallon pots may go into the ground.
Behind is red and chartreuse alternanthera cuttings wintered in
 water that will go out when I get around to it.

Perennials from seed: Coreopsis, Gomphrena
and Salvia farinacea. Baptisia failed to germinate.
New pods have formed on Baptisia outside.
I'll try fresh seed as soon as they mature.


Seedling Chives left and Parsley right.
I planted out all the parsley except one for the nourishment of caterpillars in the Butterfly Garden.
I have oregano and rosemary cuttings growing for the delight of it.

White Pentas
I failed to label the Pentas cuttings and have to wait until they bloom to place them.
Most that bloomed are in the Butterfly Garden. Many outside came back from the roots.
Butterflies will have plenty of nectar this summer.

I'm joining the Greenhouse Year meme at The Patient Gardener's Weblog.

6 comments:

  1. You look like you're very productive! I have a small tomato fruit too! It is exciting. Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you're a fabulous gardener. I see you grow my favorite kind of pearls. Your greenhouse and plants makes me drool. Enjoyed this post a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful selection in the greenhouse and those seedlings!!! You keep it so neat and tidy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very jealous of the size of your greenhouse and your tomatoes are so much further on than mine:(

    Thanks for joining in with this meme, if it quite exciting that people are starting to join in

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little tomato! Yes, as precious as a pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vegetable and other plants are looking quite healthy. Congratulations on your little tomato!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers