Thursday, July 12, 2012

Agapanthus africanus and Crinum americanum, some Butterflies and a Rose

Agapanthus africanus and Crinum americanum are blooming in the heat of July.

String Lily, Crinum americanum, native to the US 



Successful blooms on Agapanthus are those bulbs that I dug and kept in the greenhouse over the winter, replanting them this spring. All the other bulbs that remained outside save one did not bloom The single bloom earlier bloom has a trio of seed pods are hanging on it.


Pipevine Swallowtail



Spicebush Swallowtail

Linking to Tootsie's Friday Flower Flaunt:

http://www.tootsietime.com/2012/07/fertilizer-friday-flaunt-your-flowers_12.html



                                           Peace Rose                                             

9 comments:

  1. And we have the Crinum asiaticum, but that Agapanthus wants to bloom in subtropical temperatures. Lovely butterflies you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see someone has color and lush green grass now.

    We are sadly in the midst of a drought.

    I would have thought the agapanthus would have wintered outdoors in your zone very well and rebloomed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love agapanthus, but I think it's too much trouble to dig up every year. Perhaps I should think about putting some in a pot. As much as I enjoyed seeing your blooms, I think I liked seeing the butterflies even more! Your swallowtails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies on the pentas. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing what butterflies are visiting other people's gardens! I've seen a lot of them through my back door this year, but by the time I get out there with my camera, they are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Crinum americanum! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the butterfly. And that Peace Rose is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I planted a pipe vine just for the pipevine swallowtails but it's getting too much sun and is just frying. Your butterfly shots are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers