Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review


Every year is different, even with the same flowers. Most years' favorites change.

January, 2012
 
Paperwhites and an Appleblossom Amaryllis 
brightened January.
 
 
Pansies and Violas cheered the outside in January.

 
 
February brought Daffodils and Camellias galore.


 When Azaleas and Dogwoods bloom in late March
 you can count on Butterflies returning.
 
April burst with Poppies, Larkspur and Echinacea.
Roses and Daylilies started blooming.
 
May adds Lilies and Hydrangeas. Oakleaf Hydrangeas are done.
 
 
June was full of delights for Butterflies and Tropicals for the delight of the gardener.
 

Pentas for Butterflies, Roses for show in July.

Tropicals like Pride of Barbados and Tecoma stans amazed in July.
 
August brought tasty delights.
 
September is harvest time, time to
boil peanuts and collect fall
decorations.
 
The greenhouse got a new skirt to hide thermal mass
water barrels, a new design in the floor, and new shelving
before the plants all came back in for the winter.
 
A Sulphur butterfly came in to seek
minerals on the floor.
 
Ike staked his claim early to make sure he
would have a spot on the wicker shelves.
A pot of lemon grass over to the left gives him
something to chew on so he doesn't shred the
bromeliads.
 
December's highlight was Christmas Cactus.





Looking forward to 2012:
Hyacinths show promise of
blooms for Valentine's Day.
 
Happy New Year!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 


5 comments:

Bonnie K said...

I enjoyed the photos. I want to wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year! I enjoy you blog and look forward to seeing your achievements in 2013.

Bonnie K said...

I enjoyed the photos. I want to wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year! I enjoy you blog and look forward to seeing your achievements in 2013.

gld said...

I do love your gardening style....may 2013 be the best ever for you!

RobinL said...

I just love to read other gardener's year in review posts, and compare them to what was blooming in mine at the same time. We think alike! I did a similar post recently.

David Cristiani said...

Nice seasonal tracking by plant! I think I should do something like this...still have 27 days for my rosemary to bloom, to give me something for Jan!

Networked Blogs

Followers