Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blooms We Missed on Bloom Day

You should have been  here tomorrow! The blooms are always more spectacular the day after.

California Poppies, blooming in Georgia.
Other poppies will be along soon, with Larkspur.

On the left, Sailboat jonquilla. On the right, a daffodil from a bulb mixture.


Gerbera Daisies, bending in the wind.
 

'George Lindley Tabor' southern Indica azalea.

 A bumblebee's butt in 'Pink Rufflers' Azalea.


Tiger Swallowtail nectaring on Azaleas.

Oakleaf Hydrangeas are coming into bud.
There is a tiny bud at the bottom of every leaf cluster.
 
Maybe not more spectacular than Bloom Day, but definitely fun.
 
Buffy and I had stick patrol today. March's winds blow down dead limbs and twigs and
there are the inevitable loads of prunings. Limbing up Loropetalums revealed more
true lilies than I remembered having. I hacked again at the boxwood under the Wisteria.
 
I never got around to joining in the Foliage meme.
 

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

More wonderful, colorful blooms from your lovely gardens.

Enjoy and happy spring,

FlowerLady

Christys Cottage Wildlife Garden said...

Just beautiful. Being from California I am partial to the CA Poppies. I can remember as a child climbing a mountain near our home and seeing thousands of these Poppies near the top. It's just one of memories I will always cherish!

Patty said...

The azaleas are beautiful. I look forward to seeing my own, but it will be another month or so.

gld said...

Beautiful. I have had zero luck getting Ca. poppies going....

I love seeing the nectar feeders out. None here yet.

Networked Blogs

Followers