Monday, April 29, 2013

Do Over: Daylilies and a Bench

It is so exciting when something commences bloom in the Garden. My impulse is to show every first bloom, or group of first blooms just because they are new. I made pictures of the First Daylily to Bloom, then the first few blooms and today there is finally enough blooms almost worthy to display, so I discarded yesterday's pictures.


Daylilies in the Yellow Rose Bed. Self-planted Spiderwort.

Lavender Nicotiana at the opposite end just starting to bloom.
Nicotiana did not self-seed very well this year. I moved these from the lawn.

I restacked these bricks three times before I was satisfied.
The bench is for looks, but I can sit here to catch my breath if needed.
Before, the pillars were smaller. The brick on each end of the board, idea I saw on Pinterest. 
The board was salvaged from the old barn.
 
 
This is the discarded idea, lower by one brick. Before that, pillars
just far enough apart for the board to fit on top.

Early March when it was a simpler bench.
 
What do you think?


 


8 comments:

  1. I think the bench looks great in both its forms. Lovely Daylilies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bench - simple but attractive! I may copy it to provide seating at the bottom of my slope - I was wondering what I could do down there (without asking my husband to build me something).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful looking bench! I'm sure it will be a great place to stop and admire the view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have daylilies blooming already. You are quite a bit ahead of us here in the Northeast. We are just beginning to enjoy the buds on the trees and the tulips coming out. Your bench is wonderful. They are great places to rest and contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the latest version with the board 'embedded' on the pillars is more interesting....looks more permanent and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bench and the blog. I suspect our soil and yard type very similar as well as latitude. I`ll enjoy digging deeper into your site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty. Love the day lilies. Pretty yellow!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing with photos - get so excited something is blooming, post it, then later it's actually prettier! Oh, well. I love the bench! I just may steal that idea! And I like the 'improved' version better.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers