Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Great Day for Daylilies and Butterflies

My first rounds Monday morning were viewing rounds with hardly a few weeds pulled. I saw 3 Pipevine Butterflies and had no camera to catch them. The other thing that caught my eye was Daylilies.

 'Little Business' makes an edge in front of Knockout Roses, as close to a match as I've come. The roses are in a vase so they would be close enough to compare the colors.

Picture on the right has daylilies, Agapanthus -- there will be a fully open bloom soon, Purple Heart and White Shrimp Plant at bottom left, Spider Plant bottom right.
 
Salmon Sheen with California Poppies, Salvia Farinacea and a lying-down Kniphofia bloom.
 
Fairy Tale Pink
 
 
 
Brocaded Gown with Spiderwort, Shasta Daisies and Parsley.
 
Kent's Favorite II or Superlative

Seedling Red

Siloam Ury Winniford
 
 
Silver Veil

Butterflies are back! Pipevine Swallowtail
 
I see the best butterflies when there's no camera with me. The last time I was out, I saw several American Painted Ladies, a Cabbage White and a Cloudless Sulphur. They are nectaring on Catchfly, Pentas and Echinacea. I even saw one Swallowtail nectaring on a fragrant Rose.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful Daylilies! I really like Daylilies because the flowers are so pretty plus I like the foliage. I haven't seen many butterflies yet, but hope they are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nell Jean, Your daylilies are weeks ahead of mine (so are your butterflies.) Your lovely posting is a reminder to me of the joys to come. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for chasing down the ID.

    You daylilies are beautiful....still waiting here. Have you noticed there seem to be no true pink ones. I was disappointed my Fairy Tale Pink; should be called Fairy Tale Peach.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers