Monday, June 3, 2013

After the Rain, Plants are Happy

We had a half inch or a little more of rain last night. This morning everything looked refreshed.


I'll try to show you the prettiest of what you can see above:. Gardenias left and Hydrangeas, right.



Agapanthus has two new buds, still none on what I think are 'Storm Cloud' so that should extend the season.


At the feet of Agapanthus are red Pentas to attract butterflies.



In the distance Gardenias are blooming.


I intended to cut great bouquets of Gardenias when they bloomed because they need pruning back where they hide azaleas in spring. That has not happened. Yet.



Where I gave lilies a spoonful of lime and a handful of wood ashes in the spring, Hydrangeas have a few blooms with a lilac tinge.

Mostly they are just heavenly blue.



We expect more rain this week. I'm happy, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers