This is the before photo, with two tomato plants in place in one of the stone islands.
On the left Black Krim, a purple tomato and right, Flamme, an orange.
He-Who-Mows encouraged me to fertilize them and asked how I meant to stake them. The Tomatoes in the Upper Garden are staked with PVC pipes we used for electric fence years back, which is the reason, you may never see that patch. I had other plans that included some other electric fence posts, rebar.
Rebar posts and weavers made from the Redbud limbs I cut on Friday and hid back, secured with bits of twine. As the tomatoes grow they can lean toward the setting sun and be tied to their little wattle supports.
Kellogg's Breakfast, embraced by a Kniphfia bloom.
Kellogg's Breakfast will get a wattle support, too.
The last 3 are all Green Zebra and are placed across the bed nearest the flagpole.
Green Zebras will get tuteurs made from sticks.
If there aren't enough sticks, there's a cedar
limb that hangs too low that I will cut.
A last look at the supports. There's always something that comes to the front for doing -- I pruned the bottoms of the Crape Myrtles so the early morning sun can shine through.
Then I realized that all the California Poppies are looking pale in the hot summer sun, so tomorrow they get a haircut. They have a long orange taproot like a carrot. Last year, many of them survived the summer after I cut them back.