Monday, July 1, 2013

Brugmansias

I am Impressed! Angel Trumpets by the dozens.

The plant is more than five feet high.
 


 
 
The blooms open at night to attract night-flying pollinators.
They remain into the next day and close by noon.
 
They remind me of a ballerina's skirts.
 
Tonight we'll have a double treat, the sweet scent of Angel Trumpets joined
by the heady fragrance of Epiphyllum oxypetalum, Night Blooming Cereus.
 

These will be open before midnight. I moved them from their secret garden
so I could check on them without going out in the darkness.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a symphony of evening fragrance! Your brugmansia is incredibly beautiful, do you know the variety?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the lovely angel of flowers in your garden are dressed in gowns and having a ball dancing to the tune of sweet music as the EO opens their blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Angel Trumpets are just so lovely. I love those delicate large blooms nodding down. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh, this is another plant that I would love to be able to grow. They are just spectacular. -Jean

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers