Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cotton Candy Drama: Muhlenbergia capillaris

Muhly Grass bloomed the whole month of October, still going. I grouped the 32 best and then culled them to 9, actually 8 of the infloresences and a pic of a young plant among some Lantana, a hopeful of 3  for next year's show. These are in order of bloom.







Muhly is best viewed backlit by sun. This cloudy-day pic turned out well.









Young muhly plant among Lantana.

There were three young plants at right angles to the pretty ones. I let volunteer Tithonia overcome them and they died for lack of sun before I noticed what was happening. I was always looking at butterflies. 

3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful grass. I reminds me of my eragrostis except it has the pink tones; mine is more silver.

    The meadow header picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    Happy All Hallows' Eve!
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an Eragrostis that blooms here in the spring, equally beautiful but doesn't grow as tall.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers