Wednesday, November 6, 2013

White Camellias

Camellia sasanqua starts the season. I perceive these as a little early or is it later than I think? Usually I anticipate bloom by Thanksgiving. This ancient tree will bloom until mid-January.


White petals will carpet the ground underneath as blooms mature and shatter, followed by many more buds opening. When it rains, the fragrance of tea hangs on the air. 


In January these will finish bloom and a C. japonica beside it will
commence with larger, more formal blooms.

Camellia japonica January 27, 2013





6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful old tree filled with buds waiting to open and some lovely blooms already showing themselves.

    Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I get some flowers on the Camellia that I planted last spring. So far, it seems to be doing well, haven't killed it yet. Thanks for sending me to Deborah Silver's blog. You're right, she is the Queen of Twigs. I found lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a place for a camellia, and I am wanting a white sasanqua. SO pretty! The white against the green is just so beautiful. It looks giant! I bet it is gorgeous when it's in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful camelia photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to look forward to blooming, late in the year.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of blooming truly points out the differences between our growing seasons! That bush is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers