Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First of the Month April Views

Azaleas and late-planted daffodils

A closer look at Pink Ruffles, Pink Pearl and George Tabor
with Dogwoods. Do you know that Dogwood is fragrant?

Oval lawn in the Upper Garden where summer perennials shine. 
This area takes a back seat while Azaleas and Dogwoods bloom.


North edge of the Upper Garden. Land in prep for planting peanuts. Younger Azaleas here are under deciduous trees and bloom later than those under pines.

Hawera and a view of the grape arbor
where leaves are just starting.


Upper Garden paths and cross paths. At right center through the azaleas there is a secret path under the dogwood tree with steps down to the front yard. 



Oakleaf Hydrangeas at far left get ready for the next show.


Formosa azaleas behind a rustic bench

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could actually feel the warmth there. We've had a couple of partly sunny days, but today we are back to heavy cloud cover and cold temps. You have so many wonderful flowers. I didn't know dogwoods had a scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed dear Jean with all of that glorious beauty surrounding you everywhere you look.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pictures are lovely but I particularly like the one of the sole pink Gerbera backed by the Azaleas. It seems that Gerberas grow almost year-round for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, looks like Augusta National getting ready for the Masters. I am going to be sniffing my dogwood next month because I want to know if my tree is fragrant.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The idea of growing peanuts seems so exotic! You are in the land of boiled peanuts aren't you? I would love to visit the south some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures. I know it will eventually get here in Michigan but it's been kind of slow. Have a beautiful day.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so fresh and spring-like. I love that single coneflower determined to bloom early. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A breath-taking tour of your amazing garden... thanks for sharing those gorgeous snaps, Jean!
    Cheers from Jacq at www.jaycjayc.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I did not miss this post...it is so welcoming seeing all the colors show up.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers