Sunday, April 6, 2014

More Last Daffodils of the Season

This  might be the third time I've promised the very latest blooming daffodils, only to have more appear.

I forgot about this one. I don't know its name:

It smells delicious, whatever its name.

Here's the last of Baby Moon.

These last two are Hoop Petticoat. I can't remember how many years ago I planted a handful of these, which promptly disappeared the next year or so. Suddenly it is back. I hope it is a trend.

 
Not a daffodil, but a preview of things to come.
'Exotica' Amaryllis, and California poppies in the background.
Brent and Becky call these 'Tulips for the South and they do present a show.

3 comments:

  1. I like the title of "tulips of the south." Maybe I'll put in more Hippeastrum next year to assuage my tulip envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had some nice lilies from Brent and Becky's. I need to get more.

    Tulips of the south sure tells you what you need. When I order my bulk of daffs from White Flower Farm, they have them listed for the north and for the south.....I am never quite sure which ones I should get! So far, I am not getting a impressive show from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a treat to see your daffodils, especially since I'm still waiting to see the first blooms here, though it shouldn't be long now. I've given up on trying to remember their names--I just enjoy them whoever they are!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers