Sunday, May 11, 2014

More Reflections and Knee High Corn

He-Who-Mows has a new piece of machinery.



The new mower cut a swath through a meadow of Erigeron. 




In some areas there are wild cherry saplings or patches of other sprouts to cut, but mostly he just makes paths.  

 The is the most water we've seen in the pond in years.

There were places where the tractor couldn't go.



In some places, corn is expected to be knee high by the 4th of July. Here it's already knee high. I made this pic on my way back from the pond.

I had a most pleasant Mother's Day and trust that other Mothers did, too.


3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so green and lush. Down here we are turning brown and brittle.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all that beautiful green! We're so droughty here in Texas. It's good to know there are places that are still green. Congrats on your new tractor mower. Looks like a fun to drive it around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of those mowers.....7 foot to do the farm. DH has already started clipping. I used to use it; now he won't let me near it??? Yours may be a finish mower; the path looks very pristine.

    I love the full ponds. What a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers