I got the notion that turning the shelving on the left at right angles into the center of the room the way I had it in 2013 was a great idea.
I can't remember why I decided to move the shelves against the wall after I moved the potting bench to the back part of the greenhouse.
Today I moved every plant in the northwest corner outside. I put many of them into the bed of the Mule and the rest around on the ground, some in shade.
Here are views of the bromeliad tree after other plants were out.
There's a tiny volunteer over in the corner that looks like a shrimp plant.
I kept cutting off the top, like cutting off people's heads in photos.
All are Neoregelias except for the Spanish Moss. Some are solid green because they were in shade. The old plant between the two little green broms on the right finally all died and I picked off that last dried leaf today.
The foliage at upper right belongs to an Epiphyllum.
The brom tree takes up 4 square feet of floor space even when it is crowded, a lot of real estate in a 120 sq ft room. That's probably still less room than 10 bromeliads in single pots would take.
This evening after I got everything leveled, I came in and told He-who-Mows that it was a mistake to let those plants out in the sunshine for an afternoon. "They multiplied and had babies and now there isn't room for everything," I wailed. He laughed. I am still not satisfied with the present arrangement.
It isn't that there are any more plants, but I was not able to rearrange so there is more room. Yet. One of the inconveniences of old age is the amount of time things take.
There will be more plants. Every time I breathed on the Burro Tails moving them back and forth, little beans fell off. I finally stopped picking them up but several got flung into pots with other little beans forming plants.
2013. Those little orange bits are Violas from seed.
How I love to look at previous years' seedlings and cuttings.
I have pineapple sage cuttings again this year.