Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ten Compromises

There's a new meme going 'round that starts off: Ten Things I Like about My Spouse.

Right now he's caught up in building a Mule Barn for my garden truck and various machines. you can see the Mule Barn layout here Mule Barn

I'm not going to list his good qualities. It's a long list, stretching over more than 50 years. We watched a very old Gunsmoke episode the other night where a widow on the prairie set her sights on another woman's husband because she fancied him a successful man. The wife finally burned down the house and barn which made the old goat much less attractive and they set out to rebuild their life together as the other crazy woman rode off into the sunset. We agreed it was a pretty good show.


I am looking forward to larger drifts of daffodils than the one above that brings promise of bright spring. Meanwhile, there is a single clump that I can see from my kitchen window that thrills me seeing that little clump of 4-5 blossoms at a distance. I may plant more single clumps.


Take Joy in what you have, in the moment.


4 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I'm impressed that your mule barn construction is beginning already; seems like just a few days ago, it was just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you on lasting more than 50 years with the same man. I've got 30+ with Nigel. You are so right that you should take joy when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to have real live 'mules'?

    Congrats on your over 50 years with your husband. That's great! Always something I enjoy reading about, long marriages.

    Your daffs are pretty. I wish I could grow them here, but alas, not possible this far south. You can buy them in the grocery store, disposable flowers.

    Yes, oh yes, take Joy whenever you can.

    Love and hugs to the two of you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alison and Peter, for your comments. Rainey, my only Mule is a Kawasaki Mule, my little garden truck. I would love to have living breathing mules too.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers