Friday, June 12, 2015

Crape Myrtles Grow Up to Become Trees

The Coastal South is full of Crape Myrtles. They come in colors from white through lavender and pink to darkest reds and purples.


Looking back through 7 blogging years, I am seeing tiny shrubs that are now tall trees, or in the case of Natchez, great vase shapes in the landscape.

My only pink Crape backs pink Knockout Roses

Other colors have not yet commenced bloom, except white.

I no longer have to prune crape myrtles for shape and number of trunks. Now I am having to prune branches that hang too low, and cut down suckers.



2 comments:

  1. Love the color of your crepe. Only my Queen Crepe has bloomed so far, and she is almost done. I'm still waiting on the others, which are all pink.

    Have a lovely weekend Jean ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! A few grow here and in a very warm summer they look wonderful. Obviously they're much happier in your climate!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers