Friday, August 14, 2015

Butterflies and Orange Flowers

No need to keep looking at that awful damaged tree. I don't feel up to going out to make new photos but I did walk across the front to the mailbox today and I can show old pics with up-to-descriptions from today.

There are lots of Bengal Tiger Cannas, not all in bloom but 
the foliage is worth having. Some are almost smothered 
in Tithonia.



Tithonia is the favorite of many different butterflies. I saw a Giant Swallowtail last week. Buckeyes and American Ladies are showing up; Sulfurs, too.

Everybody that isn't visiting Tithonia is visiting either Lantana -- any of 3 colors: lavender, white and yellow -- or the tropicals Caesalpinia and Esperanza.

It's dry but I am not going to pull hoses so some things may bite the dust soon unless there's a rain.

Don't worry if I don't post for a while. When next you hear from me I will have given up my gall bladder to try to insure that I have no more pancreatitis. I'll be looking at your blogs as I can.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your surgery. I hope they're doing it the easy way, and I hope it has the outcome you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are doing it the 'easy way' and I expect a good outcome. They'll keep me overnight because I'm old, or maybe he said it was because of what happened to bring me to this place.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I hope the surgery goes smoothly and that you're back in the garden again soon with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cannas, and the butterflies are beautiful!
    Hope all goes well with your surgery
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jean ~ Love your blooms and foliage.

    May your surgery go smoothly and your recovery be swift.

    Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one Tithonia that had reseeded from last year. I planted a package of seed, but only managed to get 2 to grow. They will not get big enough to bloom. We had an unusually wet spring and then very, very dry and hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had my Gallbladder out.No problems,3 tiny holes, healed quickly. no real down time,just slower a few days.
    Keep in mind how much better you will feel after.Praying for you to have a successful surgery and recovery.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most beautiful butterflies !
    I too hope your surgery goes well and you are back in the garden soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! It seems many butterflies begin to appear this time of year, and they do appreciate the color orange. You have some lovelies in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterfly pictures always make me smile! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. You'll be back out in the garden in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes with the surgery. Hoping your garden and its inhabitants offer beauty and make you smile on your recovery road.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete

  11. Good luck with the surgery! I can sympathize with you on the pancreatitis ; I have colitis attacks.

    The flowers are beautiful. I love the butterflies. I am finally beginning to see more on the phlox outside the kitchen window.

    I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers