Saturday, December 26, 2015

Santas Found

I intended to find my ceramic Santas, I really did. I still haven't really climbed and looked. Yet.
They turned up in a photo from 5 years ago.


No telling how many years these fellows had been in a box when Michael Botts found them, stuck them on sticks and used them in dish gardens more than 25 years ago.

Since then I found boxes of even tinier Santas in a junk store in College Park. I read that they are cupcake decorations. I like them playing in a forest of foxtail fern better.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. What type of sticks are those do you suppose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just regular 6" wood floral picks like florists have used for the past 50 years. Most picks come with a thin wire at the top. These were plain. A skewer would have worked as well.

      Delete
  2. Cute use of Santas! Added bonus, they'll hoe, hoe, hoe, the soil for you.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers