Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Gnat Hats and Okra

A neighbor brought us okra, freshly cut --five pounds of it.

We'll eat it fried and eat it boiled. Tasty!


We were standing outside fighting gnats who swarmed out faces. His grandson went to the truck and got out a gnat hat: a straw hat with little lengths of Mardi Gras beads. They gave us a couple of necklaces and I cut pieces to attach to our straw hats. Hey! It works. 


 It doesn't take long to get used to little beads swishing around your heads, much less annoying than gnats in your eyes and ears and nose. We look festive with our red or green beads.

6 comments:

  1. I don't miss the insects there but I sure miss the okra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew? Both a stunning fashion statement and a gnat repellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever - they should market those gnat hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful to be above the gnat line.Have not had fresh Okra this year.Sure looks good.Love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gnats is one beastie we aren't bothered with...........yet.

    Look like they picked that okra at the right size. I have never had it boiled. I bought some already breaded and frozen from the store.....wasn't the same at all!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers