Friday, October 14, 2016

October Bloom Day 2016, Drought

It's dry here. I've given up watering.

Angel Trumpets look best at night or early in the morning.



 Gulf Muhly Grass is not quite in full bloom.

Madagascar periwinkles persist, with Lantana.

Lantana and Setcreasea have grown into one another.

Tithonia

Duranta

Grandma's Yellow Rose

Mexican Bush Sage Salvia leucantha

Pentas

Esperanza Tecoma stans


Rabbit tobacco and White Lantana in front of the Mule Barn

Happy Bloom Day mid-autumn. Join other Bloom Day blogs at May Dreams Gardens to see what is blooming in other locations around the world.

You can peek into my little greenhouse where the outdoor pots have migrated: Dotty Plants. Visit any time this winter to see if I'm successful in coaxing bulbs into bloom again this year.

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I love those Tecoma stans,Tithonia and gorgeous flowers of the Angel Trompet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time we have had 6-7 monarchs here. We have had 1-2 in the past. They are all over the Mexican Sunflowers. Seems they must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your climate means you grow many things I don't know, so they are always of interest. But nothing could be nicer than growing "Grandma's Yellow Rose"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma's Yellow Rose was formerly Nacogdoches. TAMU renamed it for their Texas Star project.

      Delete
  4. The Angels Trumpets are so exotic to my eyes. What magnificent blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drought?!? Looks lush and lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first comment seems to have gone astray. I'm particularly impressed with the Tecoma, which has yet to bloom for me here in SoCal despite almost 2 years in the ground. I fear my Setcreasea will never look like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous plants I don't know. And I am bewildered by the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meant to say that I love the name of your blog and I am envious of that magnificent Datura.

      Delete
  8. Wish I could grow Duranta - they are so pretty! Up here they are houseplants. Your Angel trumpet is fantastic too. I have two, and they are puny compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some interesting flowers here, some that I've never seen. The color is great, even this late in the season.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to comments and questions and lively discussion of gardening and related ideas.



Google+ Followers